Internship in London
Are you thinking of taking a gap year before to start university or do you just want to dedicate a year of your life to grow in your ministries and gifts?
The THCC Internship provides an excellent grounding in theology, mission and ministry as well as developing leadership skills. Therefore it is a great foundation for anyone wanting to serve God and His Kingdom effectively. Additionally, we are a vibrant multi cultural and multi generational church in the heart of Tower Hamlets in East London.
We recruit on a rolling basis for our internship roles, so why not apply to join us on our next internship programme?
What does our Internship involve?
As an idea of what you might be expected to undertake, here are a few of the many jobs that our previous interns have completed so faithfully:
- Outreach and Evangelism
- Leading and preparing content for youth sessions, kids sessions and bible studies
- Cross Cultural Evangelism
- Website maintenance
- Graphic design work
- Preparation of notice sheets and PowerPoints for services
- Helping get a Church Plant off the Ground
- Pastoral care
- Youth trips
- Organisation of church holiday
- Coordinating a night shelter for the homeless
- Office administration
- Assist on a church mission trip
- Passionate about serving our vibrant, multicultural church.
- Willing to integrate fully into the church and community work.
- Organised, punctual and flexible, willing to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Compassionate and understanding, always willing to listen.
- Able to say no with grace.
We're looking for someone who is...
What we can offer you?
- Our internship is a great opportunity to get involved in the day-to-day planning and running of programmes within a multicultural church
- Accommodation is provided and expenses are reimbursed by THCC for its interns
- Serving within our broad and varied ministries at THCC
- Bible classes and weekly training sessions, covering many aspects of ministry
- On a spiritual level, our internship programme seeks to facilitate and assist in personal development
Past Interns’ Experience @ THCC
“I’m currently on the internship as part of my placement year for university and I split my time between THCC and Canaan Project (a youth work charity originally set up by THCC). Through THCC I have had opportunities to get involved in so many different things including youth work, helping with a night shelter for people experiencing homelessness, and cooking dinners for vulnerable people, as well as helping with Sunday services each week. Even during covid the internship has been such an incredible experience – I’ve learnt so much already (from theology to practical skills) and everyone has really gone above and beyond to make us feel welcome as part of the church family too. I can’t recommend the internship year enough for learning lots, meeting lots of lovely people and eating lots of great food!” Sarah Baggaley, THCC Intern 2020/21
Graduated from IBTI, and is from Italy. She used her gifts in evangelism at our outreach ministries, and supports our children’s pastor with a wide programme of activities. Tanya Vitale, THCC Intern 2018/19
“I went into the internship having a only rough idea of what I wanted to get out of the experience, and came out with the personal, emotional and spiritual growth that I didn’t realise I needed. I’ve valued the experience so much, learning to really trust in God and step out of my comfort zone. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone wanting to get into ministry or just to serve in the London area!” Dominic Maitland, THCC intern 2016/17
“THCC is such a great church, and you will be so privileged to be an intricate part of its running. There’s nothing better than seeing people’s lives changed in Jesus’ name!” Sam Norman, THCC Intern 2014/15
“This year has pushed me to do the things I’ve always wanted to try but have been too terrified to do. This is not a year in which you’ll feel comfortable or bored, it’s far better than that. THCC is a wonderful Church to serve in and the entire leadership team are incredibly supportive and caring. It’s been an amazing year of discovering the things I’m great (and not so great) at. It’s helped me learn how I can serve God and His Church with the skills He’s gifted me with.” Christina Pope, THCC Intern 2014/15